Monday, October 17, 2005

GPS: Government Portals Sux

hi,

Me again.
And this time around i want to share my bitter experiences about govt portals.

Today was the last date to pay my electricity bill.
I went to pay that at eseva centre.
Seeing many ppl around 50 odd before me, i was scared.
I went to my office.

I tried to pay the bill from my citibank online account.
This too was accesible only from IE v5.0 or higheror netscape v4.6.
what the crap. It is disgusting to see ppl, who think there is only one browser in the world.

hmm,
after refreshing umpteen times in my IE, i got the account.
and i paid my electricity bill.

Now i have to verify whether eseva database got updated with my payment.
i went to http://www.esevaonline.com
i logged into my account and tried to find my electricity bill account.
Let me explain you about the eseva online website.

It is a govt portal. It is being maintained by someone with mail id: jagadees@raminfo.com
hmm,
i got this email id when i tried to access my account.
it said :
________________________________________________________

Sorry Could not Process your Request

ErrorCode: 178111
Please Mail the Error Code to Web Administrator

jagadees@raminfo.com

__________________________________________

hmm being disgusted and smitten by this type response, i created a new account.
i tried adding my electricity bill details in this new account.
the same good old dialogue and email id to contact. :P

this website is scrap and also crap :D
It has no good gui and no intuitive design.
And worst of all, if u happen to visit homepage after you login then you are signed off.
you have to login again to access your service.
Also there are no links to access your created electricity bill account or anything.

this is the case with the govt portals.
the GPS :P

haffun,
vg...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home